These cases are just representing a small part of crimes committed by the Islamic regime of Iran against innocent Kurdish civilians
- On September 2, 1979, the Iranian Army, armed with tanks and artillery, attacked the village of “Gharena”, situated in Western Azerbayjan province. According to the official sources in Kurdistan, as a result of this attack, 68 men, women and children were massacred within two hours.
Mahabad city: Indr Ghash & Vsokend,
- On the 4th of November 1980, “Basij” forces under the commandership of Maboudi attacked the villages of “Inder Ghash” and ” Yousef Kand” located 10 kilumeters away from Mahabad. The invadors massacared 35 civilians in a matter of few hours.
- On 28 Aug 1980, Revolutionary Gaurds attacked the village of “Ghalatan” in the suburbs of “Naghadeh” city; This brutal atack resulted in the death of 13 civilian.
- On 8 Nov 1980, only 4 days after the massacare of civilians in “Inder Ghash” and ” Yousef Kand”, revolutionary Gaurds, under the commandership of “Mullah Hassan” and “Maboudi” raided in “Soufian” village in the suburbs of “Oushnavieh” city and murdered 12 people. Age of 7 of the victims were over 50. During the attack, 20 people were also wounded.
- On 9 Nov 1981 the village of “Bayezawa” in the suburbs of the “Naghadeh” city, was invaded and 9 people were killed.
Mahabad city Saroqmish:
- On 14 Sep 1981, 18 brick-burner labourers, working in the “Sarouqmish” sun-dried brick burner factory were murdered.
Mahabad city, Qaragol,
- On the 2nd of 1982, 18 residents of “Gharagol” village, located in the suburbs of “Mahabad” city were killed. Some of the victims were in their 70s and 90s.
Mahabad city, Sozi,
- The massacare of “Sowzi” village in the suburbs of “Mahabad” city, in which, 9 people were killed.
- The policy of mass slaughter of Kurds continued and 40 people were massacared in the villages of “Dilancherakh”, “Halbi”,”Koykan”, “Raizi Shakakan” and “Youneslian”.
- On 16 March 1983 in the villages of “Dimehsour”, “Jafarawa” and “Marjanawa” located in the suburbs of “Mahabad” city, several people were killed; but only 9 of the victim’s names were registered.
- On 23 March 1983 in the villages of “Halghoush” and “Gijeh”, in the region of “Soma”, situated in the suburbs of “Oroumia” city 13 people were murdered.
- On 25 March 1983 in the villages of “Cheghel Mostafa” , “Khalifelina” and “Gourkhaneh” in the suburbs of “Naghadeh” city, 21 people were massacared.
- On 14 Sep 1983, in the villages of “Jebreyeilawa”, “Gondawil” and “Dowaw”, in the suburbs of “Oshnawieh” city, 6 people were massacared.
It should be noted that the details of all victims killed or woumded during the above instances have been registered. However these cases are just representing a small part of crimes committed by the Islamic regime of Iran against innocent Kurdish civilians. In addition to the above cases, Kurdish people have been subjected to several more cases of massacare and slauther carried out by the state.
- Execution of Kurdish disidents were carried out to achiev political objectives; Between 1979 and 1991, a total of 832 people were either executed by firing squads, or hanged in Kurdistan, in the hands of the Islamic regime of Iran. Among the victims, there were 399 members of “Democratic Party of Iranian Kurdistan” (PDKI) and 209 members of “Komala”. The rest of victims, 224 people were not members of any political parties or groups.
- Mass execution of the political prisoners; on 19 Aug 1979, 11 political prisoners were executed during a mass execution by firing squad, in “Dizal-Abad” prison.
- On 20 Aug 1979 for the second time, 7 people were executed.
- On June 2nd 1984, 59 youths in Mahabad city were executed during a mass execution by firing squad.
- On 27 Aug 1979, 20 people were executed by firing squad in “Saqez” city’s garrison (military Bae).
- On 22 April 1979, 26 people were executed during a mass execution.
- On 26 Aug 1979, 11 people were executed by firing squad.
- In 1980, 52 people were executed.
Sanandajh, Mahabad, Kamiaran, Baneh, Diwandara, and …,
During 1981, 163 prisoners were executed in the prisons of “Sene”, “Mahabad”, “Kamyaran”, “baneh”, “Divandareh” and other cities.
- In 1982, 160 people were executed during a mass execution.
- In 1983, 44 people were executed during a mass execution.
- In 1984, 37 people were executed during a mass execution.
- Between 1985 and 1986 , 20 people were executed.
- Between 1988 and 1989 , 59 people were executed.
- The Kurdish people in Iran has endured even greater catasrophies Chemical bombardment of “Sardasht” city was carried out by the Iraqi Air-Forces on 7 Tir 1366 (28 June 1987) . During this attack, chemical Bombs were dropped on 4 crowded parts of “Sardasht” city located in West Azerbayjan provience; resulted in 110 civilian death; 8000 people were also ingulfed and poisened with the fatal chemical gases.
- The daily killing of border traders،
- Residents killed as a result of explosion of Landmines, implanted by both Iraqi and Islamic Regime.
- Accomodating non-Kurdish people in Kurdish neighbourhoods and making some concesssions available to them, with the aim of eradicating the cultur of Kurdistan
- State’s dirty planned program to promote drug addiction among the Kurdish youths, current and future executions and militarisation of Kurdistan.
The Jihad declaration of Khomeini against the Kurds in Iran on August 18, 1979 that followed massive military strike should be recognized as one of the most known act of crime against humanity an ethnic minority in Iran. Following the Khomeini’s fatwa and declaration of Jihad that was broadcasted by state’s Tehran radio, a massive military campaign against the Kurds in Iran started and thousands innocent people killed and injured or lost their homes across the Kurdish regions, many were executed by fire squad after briefly tried by so the called “revolutionary court” that was overseeing the special representative of Khomeini in Kurdistan known as “Khalkhali”. This campaign of execution and arresting activists, intellectuals and innocent people and at the same time militarizing Kurdish regions has been going on for more that last 37 years.
There are many creditable documents, films and many more still alive witnesses of this campaign of atrocity and oppression against Kurds in Iran. These examples included:
1. bombardment and massacring of innocent people of city of Sannadaj (capital of province of Kurdistan) just a month after 1979 revelation (even five months prior to Khomeini’s Jihad)
2. Massacring of Kurdish civilians in village of Gharna where 68 people were brutally murdered by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards (such mass killing of villagers following by many examples across Kurdish regions in Iran and it was used as a collective punishment of people for many years.
3. Massacring of Kurds in city of paveh (province of Kermanshah) by a well-known military commander Dr. Chamran.
4. Massacring of Kurdish people under pre-text of creating tension and ethnic conflict in region by important regime’s persons like “Mola Hassani”, “Mahbodi” and others.
5. Execution of many Kurds by fire squad in Kurdish cities of Paveh, Marivan, Sanndaj, Saqaz and many others.
6. Execution of 59 youth and innocent Kurds in city of Mahabad and still after more than 3 decades the location of their graves has not been disclosed to their families.
There are many other examples of mass killing, violation of human rights and atrocity in Kurdish regions of Iran in hands of Islamic Republic of Iran throughout last 37 years and we have many creditable documents to prove all of them. We as Komala Party of Iranian Kurdistan are demanding from The ………………… ……………..for an immediate process of legal action and serving justice for all these crime against humanity and suffering of the Kurds in hands of Islamic Republic of Iran. We ready to provide all these necessary documents that can be used for starting such legal process as soon as possible.